Pre-School/Toddler - Mad Science Workshops - Summer 2021
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We have a variety of wonderful programs for our youngest learners! Let’s engage their natural curiosity with these stimulating and fun programs!
These programs are kid-approved!
We are thrilled to partner with Mad Science of the Capital District to offer the following outstanding and unique science programs! These programs are engaging, hands-on learning experiences with interactive, age-appropriate exploration of specific science topics. All programs are curriculum-correlated and meet S.T.E.M./S.T.E.A.M. objectives.
All supplies are included.
For added fun, the children will perform experiments, participate in demonstrations, and have a take-home item at the end of the program!
Each child must have a supervising parent in attendance.
How NYS COVID-19 changes effect summer program and facility operations:
- Following the most recent NYS COVID-19 guidance (6/15/21), we have eliminated all previously required protocols such as social distancing; mask wearing (still suggested for those that are unvaccinated), health screenings, capacity restrictions, and sanitizing requirements.
- All programs being held at Queensbury School, including Q-Club will follow the protocols established by the district. Additional updates will be shared PRIOR to the start of summer programs.
Animal Friends - 1
- Roar with lions and explore the animal kingdom. Learn about different types of families and how to talk like the animals. Examine a variety of animal coverings such as fur, fins, and feathers. Transform into your favorite animal when you create your very own mask.
Color Lab - 2
- This workshop will introduce preschoolers to the exciting world of color. They will make a new friend while learning about the colors of the rainbow, and will experiment with their creative side during an activity on color mixing. Demonstrations will be conducted to introduce students to the primary colors as well as color mixing.
Shapes & Structures - 3
- Children will discover different shapes and structures by using different kinds of equipment like Geoboards and Magnatiles. They will create their own structure to take home using corn-starch based “noodles.”
Butterflies - 4
- Pre-schoolers discover all about butterflies — where they come from, stages of their growth, how they eat, and will even make some of their own to take home during this workshop.
Listen Closely - 5
- This workshop will introduce preschoolers to the science behind the sounds all around them. Children will experiment with a wave motion model, and a twirling tube to help them understand that sound travels in waves and can be heard in a variety of pitches. They will have the opportunity to learn about everyday materials that make a variety of special effects noises in the movies and will watch, and hear, a bee buzz above their heads.