Youth Plein Air Painting - Summer 2021
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Do you have a natural love of art and the outdoors? Talented local artist Lisa Mancini will be offering courses on how to paint a beautiful scene “en plein air.”
Participants will receive a painting lesson, which includes all of the supplies and guidance to create their own finished work of art to bring home! They will learn how to use a view finder to choose the scene of their choice, do a quick sketch to achieve an aesthetically pleasing composition, and explore color mixing with acrylic paints. Students will work on their brushwork and learn how to set up a basic palette.
About the Instructor: Lisa Mancini received her BFA from Plattsburgh State University and her MA from SUNY Albany with a concentration in painting. She has enjoyed working with people of all ages, as she has taught undergraduate students at the State University of New York at Albany, and homeschools her three children.
Through Plein Air Painting, she is able to combine her natural love of art and the outdoors!
Two separate programs, one for kids (ages 8-13), and another for adults (ages 14+) will take place at the picturesque Gurney Lane Recreation Area on Friday afternoons.
How NYS COVID-19 changes effect summer program and facility operations:
- Following the most recent NYS COVID-19 guidance (6/15/21), we have eliminated all previously required protocols such as social distancing; mask wearing (still suggested for those that are unvaccinated), health screenings, capacity restrictions, and sanitizing requirements.
- All programs being held at Queensbury School, including Q-Club will follow the protocols established by the district. Additional updates will be shared PRIOR to the start of summer programs.
- Please come dressed in layered, comfortable clothing and bring a beach towel or a mat to sit on in case you would like to get a different perspective.
- All art supplies will be provided.
- In the event of inclement weather, class will still be held. Painting will take place under the Hanson Pavilion.
- BONUS: Each registered participant will receive a free pool admission day pass to return for a swim during the 2021 season.